Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hi I haven't fallen off planet!

Just been very busy. People may have noticed the Lethbridge stuff has stopped temporarily. This is mostly due to doing more Call of Cthulhu than World of Darkness! I will add more to Lethbridge eventually just not now. My Call of Cthulhu site is the Dark Pharaohs Temple linked on this page. I am currently Larping one game as Keeper and Table topping another. One set in 1931 Sheffield the other in Lovecraft Country ie Massachusetts 1926. On top of this I have a long running Cyberpunk! Normal blog will be resumed but I am also down a bit at the moment. So bear with me and I will be back soon!

2 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, August 04, 2005, Blogger ChristopherA said...

We've been doing 1930's Chthulhu for several years in our campaign in our troupe (the one that wrote the "Beyond the Mountains of Madness" supplement several year ago) -- it is subtly darker and nuanced then the 20s. That is why Skotos based its online game "Return to Arkham" www.LovecraftCountry.com as being minus 70 years real-time, or now 1935.

If you like LARPs, you might like our "Tomb of the Unknown God" stage, it is very much like a one day Chthulhu LARP run. Check online to see when it is running next, and you can get a 1 month free trial to try it out.

You might also be interested the Lovecraft Country based comic just release, at www.LovecraftCountry.com/comic

-- Christopher Allen

 
At 11:52 am, August 07, 2005, Blogger Tybalt said...

Thanks for the input. There has been talk on Yog-Sothoth.com about a new Green and Pleasant Land. This is something that I would like to see. With no offense to the Goatswood companions developers but it reads very american. Even if you consider the Goatswood era was about 1970ish we still didn't sit down and eat crustless cucumber sandwiches then unless we were trying to look posh. Mind you I still enjoyed looking at it and I am not a Cthulhu modern fan! 1930's England is a very divided society especially with the depression in place. You had an upsurge in British Fascists and British Communists as well as a growing concern over Chancellor Hitler. At the moment the Players are having a little difficulty realising that £500 pounds a year is a lot of money! (about 2000 dollars at the time.) I will have a look at the other stuff thanks!

--Tony Bennett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home